Easter is one of those special periods in the year when Florence shines more than ever… This is the cradle of the Renaissance, home of some of the world’s best know art, the Fashionista capital of Itlay – Gucci was born here as was Roberto Cavalli and one of the jewels in the wide repertoire of Italian cuisine. Here a few insider tips from our knowledgeable Ambassadors at Il Salviatino
- Visit il Mercato Centrale, at the Piazza del Mercato, a foodie heaven.
- Take a private guide to the Vasari Corridor, the secret Medici escape route from the City and the place where all of the art not on display in the Uffizi is kept
- Give yourself some retail therapy around the Via de’ Tornabuoni, Via Roma, Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Repubblica
- Take a dip in Il Salviatino’s heated pool, opening on April 1st!
- If you’re Latte’d out have a proper cup of tea at La Via del Te at the Piazza Ghiberti 22/23
- Enjoy a gelato (or two!) in Gelateria de’ Neri, at Via del Neri 22r, near il Palazzo Vecchio.
- Lose yourself in the Boboli Gardens, behind the Pitti Palace and imagine that you have stepped back to renaissance Florence for a while
- If you’re not eating meat on Good Friday then make up for it on Easter Saturday with the famous : La Bistecca Fiorentina on our terrace restaurant – but expect to have approx. 1kg between two (bone in)
- Watch the traditional Explosion of the Cart on Easter Sunday April 5th in Piazza del Duomo
- Watch the sun rise from the side of Fiesole’s hill, at Il Salviatino
As always, Il Salviatino wishes you a lovely stay!