Even if the list of things to do in Florence should be tailor-made according to your interests and preferences, in this selection we have inserted a list of 10 activities that best represent the essence of this city.
The list is useful mainly if you visit Florence for the first time and if you want to have a feel of its artistic soul, but also experience a bit of the local way of living.
- Climb either the Duomo or the Campanile di Giotto tohave the city at your feet
- Eat at least one Gelato a day and every day from a different ice-cream parlor so at the end of the stay you’ll have your own guide (ask the Service Ambassadors for their suggestions but decide your favorite at the end of your stay)
- A visit to the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia (you can’t miss Michelangelo’s David!)
- A visit to the brand new Grande Museo del Duomo: a true masterpiece
- Spend a couple of hours sipping a glass of wine, nibble on some Tuscan appetizers and watch people passing by in one of the many wine bars of the city center
- Get lost in the Oltrarno area to discover the small artisans’ workshops and the true Florentine lifestyle. Stop for a coffee and mingle with locals
- A dinner on the terrace at Il Salviatino to enjoy fantastic dishes and the breathtaking views over the city
- A boat ride on the Arno with the “renaioli” (elderly gentlemen who repaired some historical wooden boats and now use them to show visitors Florence from a different perspective)
- A day tour in the Chianti area to discover its small towns and villages, visit one or two wineries and taste some of the wines that made this region renowned all over the world
- Take a day trip to Carrara to learn where all that Carrara marble you’ve seen in the world comes from and visit the marble caves: a lifetime experience